ADX Add Seperator

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Post Reply
User avatar
EagleMark
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 am

ADX Add Seperator

Post by EagleMark » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:41 am

While making a list view in Aquisistion Edit Definition then click on List view then list you want to alter. I could add a sperator and below it has text box for what seperator should say. It used to work, now I can not change text of seperator? The box would say New Sperator when adding a sererator, then in text box backspace out letters "New Seperator" and they would be removed, then type in new ones. Now it just stays New Seperator?

Same computor, same version of TP, nothing changed, just stopped working? Have not tried to re-upload TP.

No others troubles started when this happened..

Just happened and has not gone back to working in a month...

HTH!
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!

User avatar
Mangus
TunerPro Author
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:49 pm

Post by Mangus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't understand. Can you provide steps to reproduce this?
***************************************
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am

User avatar
EagleMark
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 am

Post by EagleMark » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:01 am

Aqusition, Edit Definition, click Expand Item List View, click on Item list, Insert New Seperator then below is the text box for the name of that new seperator, type in name.

Mine used to work, now can not change name of New Seperator? Been that way since I was working on this new adx... tried and old adx yesterday that I had renamed seperators in and tried a new seperator and can't rename/type in new name anymore? Did this before I posted this thread thinking it may be just the new adx I am working on...

Dam it! Went to get you a screen shot to show you and it's working again?

Been broke for weeks, haven't changed a thing, now working again... have no explination? Sorry...
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!

User avatar
EagleMark
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 am

Post by EagleMark » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:26 am

OK I duplicated the problem. It's when you have a New TunerPro Instance open, ie 2 TunerProsRT.

Tools, Custom Tools, New TunerPro Instance, then change adx in New TunerPro instance, Add New Seperator and can not change name from New Seperator...
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!

User avatar
EagleMark
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 am

Post by EagleMark » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:54 am

OK closed all programs, did some other work. Opened TP to do this Seperator work and it is not working again?

Tried couple adx files and new Seperator will not change name when typing in the box for Seperator name.

Closed program opened another ADX and still does not work?
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!

User avatar
EagleMark
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 am

Post by EagleMark » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:18 am

Used Custom Tools to open New TunerPro Instance and in the new opened TP New Separator works! So I closed the first TunerPro I opened and New Separator is working correctly in New Instance.

Closed that TunerPro so no TunerPros are open and clicked TP Desktop Icon for TP and it still works correctly. Open a second TP instance and it's not working...

Seems the issue is with New TunerPro instance, having 2 TP's open closing them and the next time you reopen TP it may be the New Instance, it may be first instance?

So I am not crazy! :D

I think I found a real bug! :)

Small and insignificant like a fly you can not swat! But has been driving me nuts for weeks... at least now I know how to swat the fly!
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!

User avatar
EagleMark
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 am

Post by EagleMark » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:25 am

Well it was happening again today but I was adding some parameter settings to XDF items for data tracing and they didn't work? Checked and set right, didn't work? Closed TunerPro and it said XDF modified Save? So I clicked yes and thought well now they will work... but they didn't...

So I remembered this problem of this thread and opened an adx file, then Item View and tried to add a New Separator and rename it by typing in the box. It didn't work!!! So I used Custom tools and opened a new TunerPro Instance and closed the first one. New separator text worked and so did the data Tracing I had been working on!

So anyone who has ever opened an new TuerPro Instance could be having not only these issues but many more until they open another TP instance and close the first that is having issues! HTH!
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!

Post Reply