tunerpro wont open

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

sodak66

tunerpro wont open

Post by sodak66 »

Hello all, I've just installed tunepro rt on my windows 10 computer and when I try to open it the tunerpro icon pops up but says no hardware found and fails to open? Any ideas why? the download did finish and I didn't get any errors on the install so i'm lost.

davidfoti

Re: tunerpro wont open

Post by davidfoti »

I am having the same issue. I had an older version on a Windows XP laptop and had a motherboard failure. Now I am on a Dell M4600 with Windows 10 and the latest TunerPro. When I try to open I get the logo and then it goes away and nothing happens. I've tried running as admin and in different compatibility modes. Any ideas? Thanks.

Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Although it's installed with the TunerPro installer, some systems might fail this step, so you should try installing the Visual Studio 2017 redistributable manually. Here's the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

If you're running a 32-bit OS (your Windows XP build is likely 32-bit) then install the x86 version. If you're running a 64-bit OS (a Windows 10 installation is likely 64-bit), then run the x64 installer.

-Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am

drra18

Post by drra18 »

Mangus what do I do if this doesn't work ?

uncommonsense

Post by uncommonsense »

It looks like I'm having the same problem. I get the splash screen, then nothing.

Debradot

tunerpro wont open

Post by Debradot »

Im using Freecommander for years, with the installation of the latest version something has gone wrong.
It installed, but It doesnt open, it is running in task manager, but not showing up.
I un-installed en installed earlier version, but now has the same problem.
About the same time I installed latest Windows 10 64 version see attachment.
Known problem, or where did I go wrong?

tdjb

Post by tdjb »

Anyone figure out a solution? I'm in the same boat. The splash screen pops up, but the app itself never starts. Windows is not my usual OS, so I'm not quite sure where to poke around :(

- Windows 10 Pro, all current updates
- Visual C++ 2015-2019 redistributable installed
- Latest TunerProFree from the website

tdjb

Post by tdjb »

Turns out I needed to install the Visual C++ 2010 package. Now that I've installed that the app fires right up!

dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

tdjb, glad to see you found a solution for your install problem and thanks for posting it.

tdjb

Post by tdjb »

dex wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:17 am
tdjb, glad to see you found a solution for your install problem and thanks for posting it.
Certainly! Hopefully it helps anyone else who runs into a similar situation.