E36 402

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Post Reply
BumpPapy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 pm

E36 402

Post by BumpPapy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Hey lads,

Been experimenting with tuning my 325 non vanos's, it has a 402 dme.
Can anyone show me how/ slash point me in the right direction of getting it to burble. I had a mess around on the partial throttle fuel + ignition maps. But it didn't seem to make any difference.

Any help is appreciated,
Cheers
Last edited by BumpPapy on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Evil
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm
Location: France

Post by Evil » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:26 pm

I did some tests on a 403.
First you have to set overrun fuel cut to the same value than your rev limit, To allow fuel injection on overrun.
Then you have to play with fueling and ignition on idle maps.
The problem is that there must be a limit in "ignition angle variation speed" or something like that, causing a delay in exhaust pops.
Anyway I bas some good results with -10/-15° retard and AFRs relatively lean like 17 or something like that.

For very big pops it could be useful To play with ICV position on overrun but I've never test it...

BumpPapy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by BumpPapy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Evil wrote:I did some tests on a 403.
First you have to set overrun fuel cut to the same value than your rev limit, To allow fuel injection on overrun.
Then you have to play with fueling and ignition on idle maps.
The problem is that there must be a limit in "ignition angle variation speed" or something like that, causing a delay in exhaust pops.
Anyway I bas some good results with -10/-15° retard and AFRs relatively lean like 17 or something like that.

For very big pops it could be useful To play with ICV position on overrun but I've never test it...
Any chance you could email me your test map?

Evil
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm
Location: France

Post by Evil » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Unfortunately I didn't keep it, sorry... but if you need I can tell you map adresses for your 402.

Tuning for pop1bang is not so different than the rest, just set an AFR on overrun and try different ignition angles depending on which type of pops you want. A good thing to do could be to extend Idle Fuel and Ignition maps for best resolution at higher rpms, because i'm quite sure that the ideal angle at 3000rpm is different at 6000

BumpPapy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by BumpPapy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Evil wrote:Unfortunately I didn't keep it, sorry... but if you need I can tell you map adresses for your 402.

Tuning for pop1bang is not so different than the rest, just set an AFR on overrun and try different ignition angles depending on which type of pops you want. A good thing to do could be to extend Idle Fuel and Ignition maps for best resolution at higher rpms, because i'm quite sure that the ideal angle at 3000rpm is different at 6000
Addresses would be good, do you have a full fleshed out 402 xdf?

Evil
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm
Location: France

Post by Evil » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:41 pm

is it a soft 098 or 599?

I have no XDF for 402 but I can find map for burble easily (very similar to 403)

BumpPapy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by BumpPapy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Evil wrote:is it a soft 098 or 599?

I have no XDF for 402 but I can find map for burble easily (very similar to 403)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tkNE5 ... xm_b4EXBU3

Im a noob. thought it was 599 not sure though. :lol:

Evil
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm
Location: France

Post by Evil » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:53 am

You're lucky I have a XDF for 402 599, here it is :

https://transfernow.net/41i2k233o85w

not "full xdf" but you'll find all you need .
All tables after "closed loop lambda" are wrong because I used a 403 xdf as basis and didn't delete those ^^

BumpPapy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by BumpPapy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Evil wrote:You're lucky I have a XDF for 402 599, here it is :

https://transfernow.net/41i2k233o85w

not "full xdf" but you'll find all you need .
All tables after "closed loop lambda" are wrong because I used a 403 xdf as basis and didn't delete those ^^
The idle ignition didn't seem to do much on that definition. This is what I got so far: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UMeWZp ... p=drivesdk

Just to clarify how to I alter the axis of the table? To add more definition of higher rpm zones?

Evil
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm
Location: France

Post by Evil » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:41 pm


User avatar
aboutton
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm
Location: Lebanon
Contact:

Post by aboutton » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:32 am

jiust change the value of the last 2 cells of the idle ignition to 0 value hex
and lean the idle fuel in the same cells and you will get some pop sound
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon

User avatar
aboutton
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm
Location: Lebanon
Contact:

Post by aboutton » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:42 am

and for your question about launch control for 413.
The bin you have is 506 not 413 just use xdf for 506 and change first value of the rev limit map to match your rev limit and launch is disabled
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon

MotronicLover
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Re: E36 402

Post by MotronicLover » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:05 am

hello, did you found good settings for big pops?
i'm trying to tweak for some nice burble, i've retarded idle ignition, lean idle and allowed fueling on overrun, my results are almost same as yours, but i want more

Evil
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm
Location: France

Re: E36 402

Post by Evil » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 pm

If you want more try to retard ignition timing :)
For some kind of "antilag" you need to flow more air on overrun, by opening more the ICV

Lambda1
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: E36 402

Post by Lambda1 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:33 am

Someone know about overrun adress? Or overrun detection time, timer ...?

olafu
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Finland

Re: E36 402

Post by olafu » Sun May 19, 2019 2:11 pm

0xDC73 (0xDC79-DC7C)overrun fuel cut rpm.
*Edit :oops: thats for 413. I don't know for 402.

Post Reply