FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Does TunerPro support the W2E1 strategy?

Toxifera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Does TunerPro support the W2E1 strategy? Reply with quote

Hello out there,
I have a '94 Ranger XLT and the EEC-IV is a LAG0. I have learned that this means it uses the W2E1 strategy. I searched the Ford documentation on the TunerPro site and couldn't find my EEC ID. Would anyone be able to tell me if TunerPro includes the W2E1 strategy? Thanks in advance for any replies.

dex
The Ford Guy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W2E1 is not a strategy, it's the catch code of an earlier eec (naming like this is sometimes done to recognise common ecu's when the strategy name is not known). I doubt your LAG0 ecu is the same strategy as the W2E1 as I have it listed as being the same as the ANY1 ecu which uses the later EFI-MA46G hardware.

I am not aware of a TunerPro definition for either ecu.

Toxifera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dex,

Thank you very much for the reply. I guess I am a little confused, but I was told by the support department of Moates, and two other reputable creators of tuning software that the W2E1 definition is legitimate, and that it corresponds to my LAG0 catch code. Below is a pic of my EEC-IV...

I am sorry and don't mean to step on toes, but I would really like to know if anyone has the W2E1 definition in their private library? I am very interested in using TunerPro.

dex
The Ford Guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The W2E1 uses EFI-MA35G hardware, hence my doubt about it using the same strategy as the LAG0 ecu.

XantheFIN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dex wrote:
The W2E1 uses EFI-MA35G hardware, hence my doubt about it using the same strategy as the LAG0 ecu.

As example SMO-270 (3AAB) uses same strategy than SME-105 (ENVY)

and

SME-101 (ACHE) uses same than SME-401 (SEAL)...

I don't think its up to Module Type what strategy it uses in Europeans at least. Just hardware inside ECU (Automatic, PATS, EDIS -chip..).

dex
The Ford Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier eec-iv EFI/SFI prefixed hardware tends to support different strategies. The later SMD/E/O prefixed hardware gets used differently. I'd guess this is because manufacturing techniques changed allowing easier tweaks to the board design resulting in far more numerous hardware variations throughout a strategies life.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: