Joined: 14 Jun 2011
|Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:04 am Post subject: Escort Cosworth P8 ECU problem
I'm french and I am the happy owner of Escort Cosworth equipped with a P8 Magnetti Marelli ECU.
I would like to work on the ingition and injection map with Tuner Pro RT and Ostrich Emulator 2.0 to have a good configuration for my engine.
Unfortunately, I meet a problem in in emulation mode:
- If I put in my ECU an Eprom Stage 2 which I wrote previously, the car starts and runs.
- If I bring in the same file on Ostrich with Tuner Pro RT, the car leaves with difficulty on 1 only cylinder.
- If I get back another PC with another Ostrich and another version of Tuner Pro RT: the same problem as this above: the automobile leaves on a single cylinder.
- And both Ostrich work on other vehicles,
- And with another P8 ECU, same report.
I compared the 2 files with WIn OLS :it's the same and checksum comparaison is ok.
But during the test of starting up, it is similar.
I tried to look on which cylinder the car turned and I think that it is random because by disconnecting injectors 1 by1 , it continues to turn on a dough by feeling the gasoline.
As if sparks in the ignition were missing.
I know that with L6 and L8 on Sierra Cosworth, these operations were realized with no problem at all.
I don't understand what's happening.
Thanks to your help.