FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Car wont start with chip 506 413 bmw e36

wellsdavid404

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Car wont start with chip 506 413 bmw e36 Reply with quote

Hey guys, I tuned my car with evilm's xdf and now i want to remove the ostrich emulator and use it on another car.

I tried burning the tune to both 256 and 512 chips but the cars wont turn on. The cherck engine light wont even turn on with the tune burned to a chip. Put back in the factory chip or plug back in the emulator everything works fine. Am i missing some setting to make this work with the chip or am i possibly burning it wrong?

I have an old gq chip burner im trying to use, maybe im using the wrong offsets?

Mykk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my .02¢... I'm currently learning about Checksums, and since it's on the fore front of my mind I'm going to suggest checking it out to rule it out. Because when you're a hammer every problem looks like a nail.

Goto XDF Menu > View/Edit XDF Header info> Checksums tab....Is it blank?

If so you're going to need to manually update the Checksum before burning to chip.

Is there a Checksum file info loaded in that tab? Then you are going to need to save any changes in the .bin to your computer before burning a chip as the Checksum update doesn't happen until the file is saved.

For my knowledge, Is there a problem leaving the Ostrich long term? That's what I intend on doing with mine.

evilm3666

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the checksum. It will only trip a CEL . You need to confirm your burn. Take the tune from the chip that runs, read it out and burn it to another chip and see if it starts.

wellsdavid404

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mykk wrote:
Just my .02¢... I'm currently learning about Checksums, and since it's on the fore front of my mind I'm going to suggest checking it out to rule it out. Because when you're a hammer every problem looks like a nail.

Goto XDF Menu > View/Edit XDF Header info> Checksums tab....Is it blank?

If so you're going to need to manually update the Checksum before burning to chip.

Is there a Checksum file info loaded in that tab? Then you are going to need to save any changes in the .bin to your computer before burning a chip as the Checksum update doesn't happen until the file is saved.

For my knowledge, Is there a problem leaving the Ostrich long term? That's what I intend on doing with mine.
you can just reuse the ostrich for other friends cars Very Happy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> Bosch All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: