FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unable to connect/datalog 1990 Corvette

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors

Steve1990

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Unable to connect/datalog 1990 Corvette Reply with quote

I can't believe I am having so much trouble just trying to get TunerPro RT to connect to my 1990 Corvette with 1227727 ECU.

I am using the Moates ALDU1/CABL1. I have tried 7 different ADX files with no luck.

I have followed the steps outlined in the thread entitled "Need Step by Step Help for 91 Corvette" and still no results.

The following 6 ADX files cause TunerPro to display "DA: Connecting..." when Acquire Data is selected (and that is as far as it gets):
$8D-1227727-1990Corvette.adx
$8D-1227730-Y-Car-V1.adx
$8D-1227730-V1.1.adx
8D_90-91_Corvette.adx
1227730-8D.adx
DA_92-93_Corvette.adx

The file $8D-1227730-Corvette-V1.adx displays a looping of the "DA:Connected" in blue followed by "DA: Data Error!" in red.

This inability to connect occurs with the key on and engine not running as well as the key on with the engine running. Also, I have toggled the switch on the ALDU1/CABL1 to no avail.

I have searched a number of websites to come up with those ADX files - including this one. It looks like some people have had similar issues with their 1990 or 1991 Corvettes that have been attributed to a few possible reasons such as the digital dash or CCM chatter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve1990

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got it working! Now on to the good stuff!

compromiss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
What's was the problem ?
Has a 1992 and same problem.

// Jan

Steve1990

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compromiss wrote:
Hello
What's was the problem ?
Has a 1992 and same problem.

// Jan

To make a really long story short, it ended up being a bad chip. I still have my old DIACOM and hooked it up. When it would not connect it showed a trouble code that indicated a bad chip.

I have a dozen or more chips that I have burned over the years so I put one of them in and TunerPro instantly connected.

It is too bad that TunerPro couldn't have somehow shown me there was an issue with the chip.

Steve

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: