FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Software Won't Connect to 89 Cadillac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors

rustbukt307

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Software Won't Connect to 89 Cadillac Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm new to the program and have run into an issue. When I try to connect to my '89 Cadillac Brougham w/ LV2 5.0L engine I can never get TunerPro RT to establish a connection with the ECM for data streaming. I'm simply trying to check the vehicle's vitals, not modify anything. My cable is working, (my cable was bought here http://aldlcable.com/products/aldlobd1u.asp) drivers installed, and I'm using a definition file I downloaded right from this site.

"A043
LV2/LG8 88-90
160 BAUD, PIN D, USE A 10K"

I had to import it and convert it to an ADX file, but I'm still not able to establish a connection. Am I using the wrong def file? What am I doing wrong?

donf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you set the com port in the software? If you google "tuner pro com port" it will give you a few ideas. If you did set the com port try connecting with the engine off. My van would do this, then get messed up when I started it. Its some type of ground feedback problem. After checking and cleaning all grounds I went to a bluetooth cable and Its worked perfectly for about a year. John said the bluetooth adapter is grounded differently and has worked for others when having problems.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: