FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie needs to write to GM calibration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors

wysiwyg111

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Newbie needs to write to GM calibration Reply with quote

Dear All:

Thanks for this nifty forum. I look forward to participating. I have just entered the world of flashing, tuning, and car computers.

I have a "1997 Pontiac Grand AM L4-144 2.4L DOHC VIN T SFI 4 door auto SE body" which has been mine for about 6 months. I do not think that my car has been flashed before. When I went to get her smogged, she didn't pass because of a DTC P030X (misfire in one of the cylinders). Also, I was having some issues with the Passlock anti-theft system. She passed the tailpipe test and a mechanic friend of mine said it was running very well and didn't see to be misfiring. When I was researching the Passlock, I came across the world of tuning and flashing which I find very interesting. I ended up on the GM TIS website where I found that the is an updated calibration file that I would like to flash.

The data on this is:
GM Vehicle Calibration Information (selected calibration) VIN: 1G2NE52T1VC748794
Controller: PCM/VCM Powertrain/Vehicle Control Module Function: Programming
Calibration History for: Control Module
Part Number Cal.ID# CVN Bulletin # Description
16259913 16259694 N/A -
New calibration to correct an EST problem. Also relaxes misfire diagnostics to prevent false setting of DTC P0300.
16254913 16254754 N/A - Supercession - Software upgrade containing class II fixes
16251023 16250886 N/A - Supercession - correct EGR diagnostic problem
16250523 16250506 N/A - Control module calibration

So, at this point, all I want to do is to flash this update into my PCM. I would be very interested in learning more with this as my introduction into Auto Flashing and Tuning. I do not yet have any software or hardware, but wish to do this and welcome any help. Thank you very much.

Regards, wysiwyg111

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: