FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

V5 no emulation tab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors

Cool Javelin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: V5 no emulation tab Reply with quote

Hello, I am attempting to get TunerPr0 V5 to work with my ALDL USB cable.

I have a '88 Camero ECU, I believe it is OBD1 at 160 baud.

TunerPro does not seem to find the connection to my car.

I found a video on YouTube that says to go to preferences, then select the 6th tab called ...emulation. But I do not have that tab. My preferences screen only has 5 tabs.

My laptop does not have a serial port.

I purchased the WinALDL USB cable and the cable came with a disk to install a driver that can convert the USB connection to a COM port, and now I see COM3 on my laptop. When I unplug the cable, COM3 goes away as expected.

Anyway, I have also installed the WinALDL program (also found on the install disk) and it appears to get data from the car (numbers move when the ignition is on).

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help, Mark.

dex
The Ford Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emulation option is greyed out because that is for use with a ROM emulator (e.g. Moates Ostrich).

You need to use the 'Acquisition' drop down menu item to load the datalogging .adx definition file and the 'Acquire Data (Connect/Disconnect)' button (blue arrows pointing in different directions) to start and stop the datalogging.

Cool Javelin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dex:

Thanks for posting.

I do not see the " 'Acquisition' drop down menu item " Is it possible I have not completed the install properly?

I do not see any way to insert a pix here, so I will use 1000 words.

Across the top there is a line that includes the items "File XDF View Compare Tools Window Help"

Then a bunch of icons, scanning over them leads to no revelations about "admin" or other connections.

Then a "Parameter Tree" window with the only drop-down I can see that includes the items "Parameter Ordered List", "Parameter Type", and "Parameter Category"

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Mark.

dex
The Ford Guy

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you installed TunerPro rather than TunerPro RT.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: